cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM not processing new 1gig speeds

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hey

As i said in another post, i signed up got VM last week and changed my package before activation to Ultimate Volt.

I noticed my speeds were only 300ish Mbps, so checked my account and it was showing the 600Mbps package.

I am on a Whatsapp chat to VM now and they say "Currently we've mentioned the Gig1 plan on the website but we've temporarily stopped processing all the Gig1 orders due to a high demand."

There is no mention about this to customers.

If you recently moved to Ultimate Volt, please check your package as you are unknowingly not getting what you signed up for.

13 REPLIES 13

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Are we at the point where we are not bottlenecked by Docsis downstream and by VM network and beyond?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi oxfordmark, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were not aware that the offer you received was for the M600 broadband instead of the 1GB broadband. 

There are many different packages available however it doesn't look as though the 1GB was chosen in your case. The 1GB is available in your area and you are able to upgrade to it but this would cost more per month as you're upgrading your speed. 

If you want to go ahead with this, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can go through the pricing with you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still leaves unresolved the reason why VM said on WhatsApp

"we've temporarily stopped processing all the Gig1 orders due to a high demand."

And why online I could order it with 1gb.

I assumed I was getting that package when I upgraded pre activation

Hi oxfordmark, 

I can't speak for what another agent may have said I'm afraid but if you can send a screenshot of this, I can pass this over for feedback to the agent. 

In terms of the package upgrade, as mentioned above, the package offered was the M600. This is what is also shown on the contract that was sent to you. If you wish to upgrade to 1GB then please give the team a call and they can help you further on that 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello it was done over the phone and I was not sent any update or contract change.

I said to the advisor I had seen ultimate volt online, so I expect that exact package.

The customer relations what's app took over a day to respond then the chat reset.

I am still within my 14 days cooling off.

I just don't understand how a static package can be changed?

@Anonymous wrote:

It still leaves unresolved the reason why VM said on WhatsApp

"we've temporarily stopped processing all the Gig1 orders due to a high demand."

That's just another example of complete BS from a CS agent as all Gig1 cannot be unavailable at the same time.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I am on another Whats App chat (I am not going to let this lie).

They still say that 1gig is on hold, yet STILL the Ultimate Volt for my postcode is saying 1gig is part of the package.

Spoke to a lovely lady called Margaret who has got me into 1gig broadband via. Manager.

She said it was showing that I had a Hub 3 but could see I was sent a Hub 4.

Not a good start from VM if 1gig was not possible, when it was!