Menu
Highlighted
vulcanboy426
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

VM changes my contract

Just wondering if it's legal or ethical for vm to suddenly change my contract and charge me 18 pounds a month more, can I just change things at my end and decide to pay 5 pounds a month, I think not!!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM changes my contract

why have they charged you more. If its gone up £18 its likey your discount/promotion has ended.
Perfectly legal and ethical.

If that is what happened you agree to it in the contract

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
vulcanboy426
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

They told me my original contract signed by virginmedia on 28/08/2019 had been cancelled, but they would reconnect me, but because the sales Dept don't have access to the same deals as  the retensions team, the best they could do was 18 pounds more than the original offer, they then reissued my contract now dated 03/10/2019 with the new monthly payment. I didn't request this change, it was all done at virginmedia's end, so o still would like to know what legal right do they have to reissue a contract with a higher monthly payment 6 weeks after the original one.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

why was in cancelled in august 

Tony
0 Kudos
vulcanboy426
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have been a VM customer for a few years, and when I received my new price I was not impressed and so rang up and said not happy so intended to cancel, I was then contacted me by the tensions team who offered me a very good price to stay a customer, and also doubled my broadband speed, a good offer, I was very happy and said yes please, and so a new contract for a year was signed by virginmedia, but then 4 weeks later  services were suspended and when I contacted customer service, was told what I said in my previous post, and was sent a new contract at the higher price. All the k

0 Kudos
vulcanboy426
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

All the mistakes were at virginmedia's end, so why do I end up with a different contract, I just want to know if the issuing of this replacement contract , that I didn't agree to, can I cancel without penalty, or will I be punished for virginmedia's mistakes.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

something odd - the contact you got was the outbound team - they [sometimes] get in touch when customers give 30 days notice and that would seem to be what happened - the question from there was why were your services suspended - did you miss a payment or did they not take a DD or did someone forget to cancel your 30 days notice

whatever the reason only VM can add anything so lets ask them

@ModTeam - something seems odd here - is it something that you can look at please

Tony
vulcanboy426
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My services were suspended because someone in virginmedia obviously forgot to make a note that I no longer wished to cancel and that i had accepted what was a very generous offer. So the mistake was virginmedia's but I am paying the price, and all of this still doesn't explaon why vorginmefia are adamant that I am on the m200 broadband, but in fact I get worst speeds than when I was on the m100 speed.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

let VM come to the thread to look at the account - there will hopefully be notes that they can look at

if part of the offer was an increase fromm 100 to 200 then that would seem to have gone through or maybe not - post the config details

on the speed post some info and facts - how are you testing  wired or wifi

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi vulcanboy426,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for the service issues you've had. I can see that you've spoken to the team today and you've got everything sorted. 

Do let me know if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos