Menu
Qwerty119
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM Hub 3.0 performance

I have the VM Superhub 3.0, I changed the auto assign on router settings and I have seen improved performance compared to prior. I am contemplating on changing the router entirely and would use VM Hub in model mode. Do you recommend any that work well with hub 3. usage mainly consists of downloads and streaming. Not much intense gaming or anything of that sort. Would like something with increased coverage... any suggestions would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Hub 3.0 performance

See these recent threads from satisfied rerouters.

ASUS - £85

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/replacing-router/td-p/3923472

TP-link - £70

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Confused-new-router-needed-or-not/td-p/3798...

ASUS - £160

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-3-Wifi-Issues-please-help/td-p/392...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Qwerty119
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I have another question which might sound silly. Do all routers now come with 2G 5G capability. Before changing my router settings I was able to control my heating through an app on my phone. Now I’ve separated the 2 networks to 2G 5G I can’t find the 5G in my heating app. So to control my heating I would have to constantly change WiFi. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes all modern routers will offer both networks - check the specs to see what the maximum data rate is for each frequency. Not sure why you are having an issue with heating app - it's most likely because the heating controller is 2.4GHz only? so just connect it on that?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Qwerty119
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes i can connect it to that but that means I have to connect my mobile devices to the same WiFi (2G) everytime I want to change heat settings.

Is that right? Or am I missing something. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Both networks should now be visible to the phones - there should be no overlap issues. If your mobiles are 5GHz capable (like our iPhones) then just select the 5GHz network from the drop down list. My iP7 connects at full 200+mbps on my 5GHz network but only hits 100mbps on the 2.4.

--------------------
0 Kudos