cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Broad band or Sky fibre

kamal22
Joining in

Hi

Just had an email telling me that my contract is about to end. Its going up from £49 pm to £63pm.

This is for M350 + weekend telephone line

Tried to talk with CS but very little joy. Wouldn't budge so looking to move to sky fibre in my area offering 150 fibre to the door. The max they can give is 150mbps. Cost approx 38pm

would you move? after being a customer for over 25 years??

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If retentions can’t do a better deal then yes!  Over the years VM have not been good with customer loyalty, but do loss leaders to new customers only. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The critical question is do you actually need more than 150Mb? If that's enough for you, go for the Sky (or another Openreach supplier).

You'll get a more reliable service, and a lower price - for the first year anyway.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @kamal22,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are unable to do change of package from this platform unfortunately, please do call us on 0345 454 1111 or 150 on a landline, or try out texting service - 0753 305 1809.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dear All,

Just wanted to update you that the matter has now been resolved by haggling and haggling, anyway matter closed with bit lower cost of £48pm with same service.

Thanks for you thoughts on the matter.

Hi @kamal22,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm very glad to hear we've been able to help you reach a resolution.

If you need our help again in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the community forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

bally12345
Dialled in

Virgin media broadband all day! Long gone are the days of loyalty... I am pretty sure the agents you speak to have probably never heard of diamond cable, telewest etc.

A quickly Google search on how to reduce your broadband bills should come up with decent tips. This is just the way things are now 👍