cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds down to about 1mb on 1GB package. Hub 4 G43

rob_147
Tuning in

As above. I've tried all the rest, testing wired or wireless etc. There is nothing on service status.

It's quite simple, I need this fixed as I work from home and even uploading a spreadsheet is a painful exercise.

I got my letter through last week re 33.5% price rise, which is unacceptable. City Fibre are live in my street and I can cancel my VM contract now.  

If this doesn't get fixed now, I leave VM.

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Quite a number of recent posts on the same topic and in a range of locations.

Use Run full test in the link below to expose the speed test to a Router mode Hub.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Failing that try : http://cloudtalk.speedtestcustom.com/ if the Hub is in Modem mode.

Share the results to get VM's attention on the matter.

Thanks mate.

I ran a full test on Samknows yesterday, wired and wireless. Upload speeds were still the same.

Will Virgin not respond unless I post results?

The moderators and support teams are deliberately ignoring mostly all posts relating to the widespread upload issue (just look at all such posts in this 'Speed' forum) because Virgin know they have borked a recent firmware upgrade rollout in readiness for the launch of the new DOCSIS 3.1 upload speed boost. I just wish they would come out and tell us the truth rather than ignoring us and our basic pleas for help and support.

All this is made worse with the eye watering imminent price rises and the stress this is causing for many who are trying to work at home, but who cannot do a simple tasks such as sending an email because our upload speeds are crippled to 0.5 - 1 Mb.

I would post the full Realspeed tests, that is the test performed against the Hub's firmware.

It gets harder to ignore when more customers in ever more locations report the same issue.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

It might be a firmware problem for router mode some report modem mode is fine

---------------------------------------------------------------

I called the support line today and they solved things by factory resetting the router. 

They certainly didn't admit to any issue with the firmware update but there are too many folk having the same issue. As I was on the phone, there was a service status update of broadband and TV issues in the area (now fixed). 

I just hope it doesn't update the firmware again any time soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rob_147 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you are experiencing some issues with your service. 

I have taken a look at our systems and at the time of writing, have not been able to identify any issues. 

Sam Knows reported 14 disconnections in the last week but everything appears to look good since.

I know you were advised of an area outage so this may have been causing the service issues you were experiencing. 

If you ned any further support, let me know. 

We’ve also got a host of hints and help in our Virgin Media mobile 👉 app and our Help & Support area.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs