cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed

adnank503
On our wavelength

Hi, i have the 1 gig bb and wanted to know if there are any plans to boost / increase the upload speed (currently 50mbps). I am coming to the end of my contract and would like to factor this in to my decision to renew or leave. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No plans announced

Nor would VM ever pre-publicise such commercially sensitive info 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No plans announced

Nor would VM ever pre-publicise such commercially sensitive info 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you. I was talking to a VM staff member regarding options for contract renewal and he mentioned that i will find discussions on this on the community hub. Could not find anything, hence the post. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi adnank503, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am afraid we do not currently have plans to increase the Upload speed but if this changes, we will be sure to keep our customers updated here.

Please let us know if you have any further questions 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thank you. My contract is coming to an end, hence the interest as community fibre are coming to the area and offer a symmetric connection. 

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Boost existing speeds don't think so. New tier with higher download and upload speeds: certainly. 

Thanks, case to move to community fibre is getting stronger. They have been laying cables about 8 weeks ago so launch is imminent.

Yes. VM aren't going to match them for either upload speed or general performance in most tasks this year for sure and depending on your area maybe not until 2028.

If you have a full fibre symmetrical alternative it's not a difficult choice. If you have a full fibre symmetrical alternative offering above 1G they are running XGSPON equipment and it's foolish not to. 

Thank you.