Menu
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 31 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speed

I think the problem is when the timer for the site starts later than the upload does.  So you get this strange situation where if it thinks it starts by the time half the data has been sent then your speed looks twice as high as it should.  I have seen this before, but only on connections where people had software issues!

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 32 of 38
Flag for a moderator

21mbps on the top package.

VM wont upgrade the uplaod speed until most of the UK suppliers can match it. Why would they

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 33 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Same reason they increase the download way in advance of most of the competition.

Could have been higher a while ago but not such a big issue here. Should see movement soon though. 

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 34 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Good Good - waiting for it 🙂
0 Kudos
R720XD
Joining in
Message 35 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I am on the Vivid 350 and I pay a very good price for it £21 a month and have asked VM many times to swap 250 of my down to give me 100 each way but it's clearly not going to happen any time soon, I am also waiting for better upload at home I currently get 30ish all day every day. I am registered with 3 companies that will inform me when I can get Gig up and down, it will be in the next 12 months so I am told, Its a pain in the arse trying to backup to your unlimited G-Drive I mean 66TB going up is taking a while! I have an 80TB Array with Dual Parity I am not so worried but it would be nice to have my backup in my G-Drive also You can Never have too many backups. I set up a VM (virtual machine) on the server and am using the Google Sync App it's averaging 20-28mbps, While id like to complain about not having Gig each way I cant Knock VM for the 30mbps with no FUP as I am literally uploading all day every day! so far I have 6.8TB on G-Drive 

We know that VM Could if they wanted to offer 100/100 for £100 a month and People Would Pay It... Me being One 🙂 

We are so far behind in the UK compared to other countries 

Virgin you should look at dedicated FTTP at the cost of the customer I live 18 yards from the CAB or look at offering better upload again at the cost to the customer 

Regards

L33

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 36 of 38
Flag for a moderator

"have asked VM many times to swap 250 of my down to give me 100 each way but it's clearly not going to happen any time soon"

Not ever going to happen. You'll never be able to pick the package speed you want.

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 37 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Not unless you go on Business and you want either 50/50 100/100 300/300 or 1Gbps/1Gbps
. Then you can have it - but just to note 300/300 is £480 a month after install fees
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 38 of 38
Flag for a moderator

but then you can't pick the upload you want. they are still set packages. You can't for example get a 1000/1000 and change that for 200 down and 1800 up

0 Kudos