cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed slow

joncb3
Joining in

My upload speed is normally around 36mpbs+ im on 350mb broadband. Only noticed the upload speed was very slow when i tried to live stream and i keep getting disconnected or viewers had issues. Tried to go to speedtest.net download is fine around 350+mbps but upload speed is from 2mb to 4.5mb.

i tried to do the test from the virgin hub and my router but got the same results. Virgin status page show that there i no issue. I cant find contact number or live chat in virgin website. 
Any help will be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Hero

"i tried to do the test from the virgin hub and my router but got the same results"

Exactly how was a speed test performed from the Hub  ?

Share the results from this link - once started click "Run full test" to show the upload speeds

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/  

Directly from my router as its got feature on speed test.

Also done from chrome. Both virgin hub in modem and router mode. All have same results. 

EEFA13E5-76B5-45D9-AC46-8C34ABFE5FAD.jpeg

I cant access the link. Im in my home network and not in a vpn

RealSpeed is not available on this network

To fix this:

• Make sure you are on your home network.
  • Make sure you are not connected to a VPN (for example, on a work laptop).

The Samknows Realspeed test requires VM Hub to be in Router mode.

It is worth a try as it tests the Hub service as well as the speed to the computer.

I'm also in router mode and I'm getting that same message so it's not a problem on his side.

Same results. 
virgin hub download speed 384mb upload speed 4.29

device/desktop download speed 382mbps upload 9.22mbps

What to the Hub's upstream channel stats look like ?

For 3.0 DOCSIS we should see 4 or 5 Upstream channels all at 64 qam.

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 - if there is noting reported call in your service fault to the Customer Support.

Thanks. I phone the number you gave it said there is an issue in the area. When i check status online it says there isn’t so maybe the info from the telephone number is more updated.

The phone number is more up to date & more local, can be down to one service cabinet.

To get a fault on the post code checker is has to be covering a far larger customer pool.