cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed problem

bumpernick
Tuning in

On 100Mbps package in M21. Download speed seems okay but upload speeds are miniscule. Seeing lots of dropped packets. Service status says there's no problem but when I call I hear a recorded message that says they're aware and working on it. How do I know? Help please.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/6f16277157dcbccd9becf6aaf52ed82ef9a3d981-11-07-2021

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The BQM shows continuous severe packet loss, which does suggest a network problem.

Did you call the more local status number 0800 561 0061 ?   If that says no problem then you will need to report it as a fault.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Cheers.

Called the number and got the same recorded message confirming that they're aware of a problem. Would be nice to have an estimated resolution date though.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes it would, although those estimated dates very often slip.  Unfortunately all you can do now is wait.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Bumpernick,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

I understand you had some issues on Sunday and the service checker number informed you there was an issue we were working on in the area at the time. 

I have taken a look at your services just now and cannot see any issues, the area outage has now been resolved. 

I've also taken a look into your downstream and upstream levels and cannot see any out of spec levels, which is good news 🙂

Could you give us a quick update on how your broadband is doing since you last posted please? 

Also, just for future issues with your services and for any other users that are looking at this thread for help, I have a few links below that might help with general issues - 

• Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website - it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!  

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan. I can confirm that everything is back to normal and have no further issues. Thanks for checking in with me.