cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed issues - Tech visited but no fix

orangeloops
Tuning in

I had M500 installed at the start of July by a technician who came to our house and set everything up. Since day 1 the upload speeds have been around 12-14 (I'm paying for M500 so expected around mid 30s). I was told to wait a week for the connection to stablise by this has not happened.

A tech was booked to come today. Arrived bang on time and spent a couple of hours here trying to fix the issue. My Hub 4 was replaced and he spent some time on the phone to other engineers trying to resolve the issue.

However the issue has not been fixed and my upload seems stuck around 14 still. The tech told me there was nothing he could do but to get in touch with customer services to see what my options are.

I am tempted to cancel my service as the advertised speeds are not being offered but the alternatives are worse. However it's not right to pay for a service with VM and get less than half. Would anyone be able to offer the next step or book another tech?

Capture.JPG

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The upload speeds VM provide are a joke as it costs next to nothing to give proper speed on their network.

Docsis 2 gives 200mb upload if I remember so docsis3/3.1 should be more than the paltry amount VM give.

I've said before, i have B4RN in a holiday let, 900mb upload AND download for less than VM charge for their 100-200mb service

@Anonymous wrote:

The upload speeds VM provide are a joke as it costs next to nothing to give proper speed on their network.

Docsis 2 gives 200mb upload if I remember so docsis3/3.1 should be more than the paltry amount VM give.

I've said before, i have B4RN in a holiday let, 900mb upload AND download for less than VM charge for their 100-200mb service

This has nothing to do with the OP's issue so isn't very helpful...

To the OP: Create a BQM here and post the live link.

It could be over-subscription in the area causing the lower than expected upload speeds.

Thanks Carl I’ll create a BQM later today and see what the data provides.

I suspect the over subscription is the answer as the next best service available is Openreach 76Mb

@orangeloops wrote:

Thanks Carl I’ll create a BQM later today and see what the data provides.

I suspect the over subscription is the answer as the next best service available is Openreach 76Mb

Actually could you post the 'Configuration' tab data, from the same place you get your other HUB stats, to ensure something odd hasn't happened with the HUB config?

Configuration data:

Thanks for your help with this

AD3F4C3B-C05E-445A-B421-916235C254E4.jpeg

At least the config is correct (38520000 bit per second = 38.52Mbps).

Thanks for confirming. I’ll get onto customer services Monday to see if there’s anything else than can do.

Tempted to ask for a monthly discount as they are unable to provide the service I’m paying for.

Is there anyway on the forums to get a VM employee to look at things/further assist?

@orangeloops wrote:

Thanks for confirming. I’ll get onto customer services Monday to see if there’s anything else than can do.

Tempted to ask for a monthly discount as they are unable to provide the service I’m paying for.

Is there anyway on the forums to get a VM employee to look at things/further assist?

Yes, however it can take several days for a reply.

I suggest un-marking my post as helpful as it can be taken as the issue being resolved!

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey orangeloops, thank you for reaching and I am sorry to hear about the on going speed issues.

As I can see you've had a tech booked in previous for this issues, I would like to run some tests with you.

I am going to send you a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?