cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed issues - Tech visited but no fix

orangeloops
Tuning in

I had M500 installed at the start of July by a technician who came to our house and set everything up. Since day 1 the upload speeds have been around 12-14 (I'm paying for M500 so expected around mid 30s). I was told to wait a week for the connection to stablise by this has not happened.

A tech was booked to come today. Arrived bang on time and spent a couple of hours here trying to fix the issue. My Hub 4 was replaced and he spent some time on the phone to other engineers trying to resolve the issue.

However the issue has not been fixed and my upload seems stuck around 14 still. The tech told me there was nothing he could do but to get in touch with customer services to see what my options are.

I am tempted to cancel my service as the advertised speeds are not being offered but the alternatives are worse. However it's not right to pay for a service with VM and get less than half. Would anyone be able to offer the next step or book another tech?

Capture.JPG

23 REPLIES 23

Hi Matt

You have already helped me with this. A tech came to my house today but again nothing could be done. Apparently it’s been reported to the networks team as there is an issue at the cabinet but it could not be resolved!

Hi @orangeloops

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Upon doing a system check today, you have signs of congestion affecting two of the upstream channels. I have therefore today raised the network form for you and also raised an outage work order on your system. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @orangeloops

Heard back already 🙂 F010008092 - this is the fault reference for the congestion. Estimated fix date is the 5th August at 9am. Please monitor the connection and pop us a post if still having issues.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John that’s amazing of you to do that. I’ll keep an eye on everything and will report back after the 5th!

Hi John question for you - the fault code - F010008092 - Where do I see the status of this?

When I use the Virgin Media check status web page it can't find any faults/issues at my postcode? - https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/

Good morning

Just to let you know my upload speed is still unable to go above 13-14Mbps. I also cannot find any mention of F010008092 on the VM Status website. According to VM there is no issues/faults in my area.

Morning orangeloops, thanks for coming back to us. You wouldn't see the fault number but if you click here - virg.in/service - and then do a postcode search, it should appear. If not, sign into the checker, it'll be there 🙂

I've checked the ticket today, I am sorry it's been extended, it's on the final checks though as the estimated fix date is today around 1pm. Please let me know if having issues after this time. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John

Thanks as ever for the helpful response it's really appreciated.

I have gone to the virg.in/service website but it just says:

"We can’t see any issues affecting MYPOSTCODE
Checked at 9:27 today"

I also can't work out how to sign into the checker but that's not really a problem. I am glad to see it's still 'an issue' - I will run some tests tonight and hopefully it gets resolved!

John good evening, unfortunately it still has not been fixed. I still cannot above 13-14Mbps upload.

I'm really at wits end and very cheesed off. Is there anything else I can do? I have raised a complaint before and nothing has come of it. Telephone support just tell me to factory reset the router which will not help things. They keep trying to sell me some sort of wireless extender product on the phone which again wont help. I only have ethernet devices.

I would love to be wrong but I think you're about to become an unwilling participant in the grand Virgin Media rolling congestion fix date