cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed issue since 1 Oct

arumlily
Tuning in

I have the M100 broadband only package, using a Hub 3 with a wired connection to my pc, since Friday 1 October my upload speed has reduced dramatically. I have been with Virgin for 10 years and never seen an upload speed like this. I am still using the internet but there are a few uploading activities I normally do which I haven't been able to since Friday. Its really inconvenient.

It shows as no issues in my area when I check. But when I did a Virgin self test on Saturday it came up with a message to say there are issues in my area affecting other customers that they are aware of. Yet no fix date and no way to see what's happening as when I log in to my account and check general  status in my area it says no issues.

EDIT - just ran the equipment test again and it came up with the message 

We have detected an issue on our network which maybe affecting your broadband service.

What does this mean?

• This is impacting multiple customers in your area.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary at times.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It means there is a known issue and they are working to fix it.

Call the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It means there is a known issue and they are working to fix it.

Call the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks rang that number and had the option to register for text updates which is helpful. At least I will get an update now, cheers.

Update - this was sorted out about 2-3 days after, internet has been back to normal ever since

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @arumlily,

Thank you for the update on this! I am glad to see that it is sorted for you now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide