Menu
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upload issues in AL5: what / when will something be done?

So last week with the help of one of the Forum Admin I got a technician to come and check the situation.

He realised there is an issue, looked at my router, looked at the box in the street and told me he will inform VM.

He was unable to tell what or when (or if anything at all) will be done to address this issue.

Asked for a ticket number, could not give me one.

Where do we go from here?

Need to work from home for a while still, and in the afternoon it is really bad.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Alan79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload issues in AL5: what / when will something be done?

I'm in the same boat as you in AL5.  I posted today also: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Upload-speeds-consistently-poor-from-8am-to-midnight/td-p... and I'm hoping they can sort something out; I was basically told "someone might be using too much".  The upload is terrible for most of the day, every day.

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They told me that it will be fixed by June 3rd.

Now, I really hope they can fix it, but unless they invest on a 10x improvement of the upload infrastructure, it wont solve anything.

0 Kudos
Alan79
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to VM a couple of days ago and was also told there is a fault and that it will be fixed by the 3rd of June.  It feels like they're just waiting for more people to return to work so that the saturation issue fixes itself.

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Another unsuccessful call to VM, where after the usual (are you using WiFi? Have you rebooted? Have you tried a different computer? and so on...)

Turns out that Upload speed is not guaranteed and utilization issues might or might not be solved in the "future".

Absolutely useless. VM should disclose that their Network is to watch videos only!

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"Absolutely useless. VM should disclose that their Network is to watch videos only!"

Well that's what it was designed for after all.   It was never intended or priced for half the country to use it all day for work. So yes, when everyone goes back to work the network can go back to normal too. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

vm advertise the upload spee as well as the download speed the same as every other ISP.

And VM upload speeds are too bad compared to other FTTC networks.

0 Kudos