cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload is dropping since Hub 4 upgrade

dazlicous
Up to speed

Since I was upgraded from a Hub 3 to Hub 4 on my M500 package my upload seems to be dropping them picking up. Games are lagging as well 

Starts off in the 30’s mbps drops to about 15 mbps before going back up to 35 - 36 mbps 

Hub 4 is in modem only mode with a Asus RT-AX88U router 

6BFB4EAF-0C35-4F3A-A0AF-BA4C82A0D371.jpeg

15 REPLIES 15

@Corey_C wrote:

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, dazlicous,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. How has things been since your post?
I have run a remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection.
We can also provide online broadband help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband
Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

Thx Corey but it’s laggy everyday so there is an issue somewhere

Has the poster above pointed out my QAM 3.1 is 2048 not 4096 dunno what that would cause or it’s an actual issue.

Lag spikes are a regular happening resulting in horrendous game play at times 

Graphs below from the last 2 days 

C969AC22-5B01-4B3C-9E82-9C8301E1D67C.jpeg873E3BDE-D5E6-4C9D-806A-D36BE7BD0D9C.jpeg

Thanks @dazlicous, I've been able to book a follow up engineer for you and have made notes in the work order from this thread.

If you check out your self-care account, this will advise you of the time and date of the visit

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn wrote:

Thanks @dazlicous, I've been able to book a follow up engineer for you and have made notes in the work order from this thread.

If you check out your self-care account, this will advise you of the time and date of the visit

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Engineer has been and replaced the Hub 4 with Hub 3 after saying the Hub 4 is even worse than the Hub 3.

So will monitor the connection from now on for signs of improvement 

Welcome,

Have you got any wired devices such as a computer that you can use on the Hub 4.0?

@echelom wrote:

Welcome,

Have you got any wired devices such as a computer that you can use on the Hub 4.0?

Has my post above the engineer swapped my Hub 4 back to a Hub 3 but I do have a pc hardwired 

Using the PC do the following. If you are not sure how to do anything just ask. It is a Net Shell command to change restrictions on the autotuning level, but you must restart once you have entered all the commands for it to take effect.

Open your Command Prompt in Administrator mode.

Then type the following and make sure you hit Return after each line.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Then type:

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Finally, restart your computer and any restrictions made by your operating system will be cleared.