cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speeds

robonuk
Tuning in

Is there anyway to upgrade my upload speeds? Or are there any plans to roll out better upload speeds? Looking to get a better uplink so my cloud backups & transfers go faster, my street has also now gone through a full fiber update so can now get 900/900 with other providers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Taking a look at the revised VM Business broadband, the recent upstream upgrades are now close to a 10:1 ratio.

If that comes to residential, making Gig1 say (1140/100) it would still be 800Mb/s short of the FTTP 900/900 option.

If upload for backups is needed,  FTTP 900/900 ticks the box.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you have written your own answer.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Not really, if Virgin plan to upgrade then I’ll wait with them as all the package is in one place

Taking a look at the revised VM Business broadband, the recent upstream upgrades are now close to a 10:1 ratio.

If that comes to residential, making Gig1 say (1140/100) it would still be 800Mb/s short of the FTTP 900/900 option.

If upload for backups is needed,  FTTP 900/900 ticks the box.

Virgin know they have to do something about upload and their plan is to move everyone to fibre over the next 5 years, but as usual they are too late, their advantage over the competition left them sitting on their laurels and allowed them to overtake.

I think most VM customers are simply waiting for Openreach and the altnets to complete builds and will be jumping ship.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Thanks Client62, that really answers the question that the switch to another provider is the best going forward.