cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed halved

Mike_A1
On our wavelength

Ive only had VM installed for about 1 week now, and from day 1 had speeds of over 200mb up and over 20 down.  After 5 days, my upload speed has halved.  I have nothing else connected and im running the hub in modem mode.

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks

Mike

MOdem 1.png

Modem 2.png

26 REPLIES 26

Here we go again

Mike_A1_0-1652544583176.png

Mike_A1_1-1652544634183.png

Mike_A1_2-1652544702213.png

wrolfe
On our wavelength

Hi Mike - another disgruntled customer here, I have just renegotiated my contract, and I have poor upload speeds (again), this last happened for me in 2021, lasted about 4 weeks, and via this forum was told I was to have an engineer visit, about a week later, and a number of text messages both confirming and canceling my engineer visit it was  'fixed'.

But my problem is back

https://www.speedtest.net/result/13154342116

Download speed fine, upload speed making the service un-useable for gaming, the only reason I need fiber broadband. I think I am still in my cooling off period, I need to make some quick decisions before I order up another broadband provider. I am very frustrated, good luck buddy,

Mike_A1
On our wavelength

Hi Wrolfe.

The uploads kills everything.  Gaming is bad, Netflix takes an age to load, webpages take ages to respond.  Once you start a download it is fast, but painful getting there.

VM have now acknowledged that my speeds have been below guaranteed for three days now, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on my internet connection.  Phone line is not brilliant, but at least it is consistent, and that's all I want from VM. 

Best of luck, and keep us informed of how you get on.

Mike.

Mike_A1_1-1652607386133.png

Must be a VM network is because I'm in the same boat here:

muffintastic_0-1652609460781.png

this is in the WS7 area.

Hello muffintastic, 

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your upload speeds 
I did have a look and all appears fine from here, which indicates we need to get a technician out to have a look. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Mike_A1
On our wavelength

Mike_A1_0-1652811348312.png

Mike_A1_1-1652811373722.png

Don't think I need to say much.

Got cut off trying to speak to some one so getting bored and annoyed now.

Apologies

Mike.

Hi Mike_A1

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the low upload speeds. I've done a system check for you which has returned this; Our automated systems has identified an issue which is affecting multiple customers in your area. This is likely to cause connectivity and performance issues. Our engineering teams have been automatically notified of the issue and will investigate and fix the issue as soon as possible. 

This will be resolved asap. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill