cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed halved

Mike_A1
On our wavelength

Ive only had VM installed for about 1 week now, and from day 1 had speeds of over 200mb up and over 20 down.  After 5 days, my upload speed has halved.  I have nothing else connected and im running the hub in modem mode.

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks

Mike

MOdem 1.png

Modem 2.png

26 REPLIES 26

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Connect just a PC to the hub in modem mode and do a speed test you will need to power off the hub for 2min to allow a device swap and unplug replug ethernet cable till you get internet.

What can you do before doing this is check your router QoS/BWM settings.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Mike_A1
On our wavelength

Thanks,

I have tried that.  No improvement.  I reset the hub, and initially it looked better, then the upload speed dropped.  I would say its getting worse.

@Mike_A1 wrote:

Thanks,

I have tried that.  No improvement.  I reset the hub, and initially it looked better, then the upload speed dropped.  I would say its getting worse.

The QAM value on two of your upstream channels is not correct (All four should be 64).

Could point to a noisy line, or bad connection, or both.

Thanks for responding.

I suppose this requires an engineer then?

I have gone around checking connections so I’m not sure if what else I can do.

Complain to Virgin like I did - it’s nothing to do with your equipment.It looks like a deliberate move by Virgin to halve your upload Speeds. Mine have been halved for the past 3 weeks.

On the phone to VM support now.  One device connected to the hub and they’ve managed to get my download speed to 0.20 Mbps

why can’t anything be simple?

😂

Mike_A1
On our wavelength

After an hour speaking to customers services yesterday, it looks like my upload speeds are returning to normal today.  Fingers crossed it’s now resolved.

Hi @Mike_A1, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'm glad to hear that things have been resolved for you since you posted, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further problems and we'll do our best to provide further support to you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Mike_A1
On our wavelength

The problem I have with Virgin Media is reliability.

Mike_A1_0-1651764725873.png

I have a parents evening video call to make tonight, i am seriously considering pugging the sky router back in while I still have a phone line.

This is disappointing,  i would gladly forgo some of my down load speed for upload speed.  Just glad I'm still in my cooling off period.