cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Issues

geiger167
Tuning in

Currently I am on the M500 broadband package. For the last six weeks or so my Upload speed has been around 16mb when the average speed should be 36mb. My donwload speed is fine I have no issues with that. I have called the virgin help number five time in the last month and they are not helping at all. After my latest call I was sent an email saying they were going to monitor my line and report back to me after a month. Just to clarify every time I have rung (five times) they have run a test on my line and confirmed my Upload speed was less than half of what is should be on avergae. Obviously the line, or my modem are faulty. I would like someone to either come and fix the line or replace the modem. I suggested this and was told if I asked for technician I would have to pay for the callout ??? Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated service to see if there is a local service issue.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.
The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

Router

Virgin Media Hub 3

Device

DownloadMbps

UploadMbps
Latencyms
Jitterms
Packet loss%
I'm not sure what the current m500 upload speed should be, it was 36mb but I think it jus recently doubled, I'm no where near either whatever it should be
There are no service issues reported using the number you provided

Yeah upload speed is about half what it should be. 

Post your hub stats here. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

geiger167
Tuning in

Does anyone from Virgin ever read these posts anymore ? To add further woe to my tale Virgin have emailed me a few days ago and told me to reboot my moden for double my upload speed, which I have done, now my upload is exactly the same 16mb, so its gone from half the promised speed to a quarter lol

Hello geiger167

Sorry to hear of the broadband service issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From checking i can see the hub was rebooted within the last 24 hours and is showing some errors, this will require a technician. I will send you a Private Message to get some details from you to arrange this. Check the envelope in the top right when signed into the forums 🙂

Rob