cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Fluctuating

midgetgem77
Joining in

For about 2/3 weeks now I've had issues with my Upload Speed fluctuating, it sits comfortably at 10mbps on a normal day but then we're having frequent days were it just fluctuates none stop hitting as low as 1mbps and sitting around 3/4mbps. My son is a Twitch Streamer and has not been able to stream these past three weeks without the upload speed just dropping causing immense lag, delay and massive frame drops in his stream.

The Download Speed is okay, this sits at around 90ish mbps and doesn't seem to change, it's only the upload speed which is massively fluctuating.

19 REPLIES 19

I've just checked both of these and both have said there are no known issues in the area.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Need to see the BQM for a day or more - but wondering whether there may be an overutilisation issue in you location. Time will tell, and someone else needs to comment. A VM person should comment in a day or two's time - but may not say whether it is an OU issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

14a238c27d6ab84b687df52c293d7961dbdd6efa-19-04-2022.png

Here is an updated version of the graph since the last one.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/14a238c27d6ab84b687df52c293d7961dbdd6efa-19-04-2022

eb7df193fca808ec34c776ef1d559debc76c168d-19-04-2022.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Your latest image is rejected as it has your i.p address in it.

See if that "busy pattern" between 6-12pm recurs tonight

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah there was a busy pattern between those hours last night and it appears there is more again this morning.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c1a572956edb8ef56d9deebf383c8f9238fd9b92-20-04-2022

midgetgem77_0-1650447016236.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Thats a known issue that has just recurred - affecting me too.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/VM-CORE-NETWORK-FAILURE-URGANT/td-p/4986440...

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @midgetgem77,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your speeds.

I ran some tests on our systems, and it said a tech is required. This was automatically booked for you, can you check your online app to see the date and time? Let me know if this is okay for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi there, a technician came out and was incredibly helpful! I do believe he changed around some old wiring! I've given it a few days and I've checked back at the graph and I feel like this is still not looking healthy. Is the graph meant to be all over the place like this?

midgetgem77_0-1651141313242.png

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/26330bff0f9021991890007c1cd87788f998ca48-28-04-2022

Hi there @midgetgem77, thanks for coming back to let us know you are still seeing issues with this.

I have checked our system and cannot see anything obvious as to why you would be seeing this still.

Have you been able to run a fault test on the equipment via our service page here? If so what was the result of the test?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules