Menu
Chris9521
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading from 200mb to 350mb

Hi all

Iv recently been having a lot of problems with the 200mb vivid broadband and was offered to upgrade to 350mb vivid broadband which involved an engineer and the brand new router. Since the installation, my speeds are drastically slower! Which I don’t understand? I have ran speed tests from mobile phone on Speedtest.net which is reaching maximum 30mb when before it was around 60mb? (I know WiFi will be slower) 

Basically my WiFi was always faster and stronger before this 350mb upgrade.

I then done some Ethernet testing (engineer didn’t come with any new ethernets so having to use one from last hub) and it’s still under 100mb! When before I at least got 150mb, but this is supposed to be 350mb?!

now I’ve spoken to tech twice and they were both unbelievablely rude, constantly interrupting me and actually blamed me for the slow speeds?? I’m not one for slander at all but I tried to explain the WiFi before it was at least faster but all they cared about was my wired connection? I understand you need to do checks which we done and wired is always going to be faster but I mainly use WiFi and for it to at least drop by a good 30mb compared to my 200mb I had is pretty bad in my opinion. Every time we would run checks (wired) they explained it’s the wrong Ethernet... well why wasn’t I given one that supports this new router? And regardless of that why would the WiFi then be poorer? 

I probably sound so moany but I’m at my wits end and not managing to get any help! 

Hope someone can! And merry Christmas:)

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading from 200mb to 350mb

NO ISP will guarantee WiFi speeds, they are always measured with an Ethernet connection. The Hub3 is a cheap, built down to a price, multi function device, modem, router, network switch and Wireless Access Point. It’s WiFi is not very good, but adequate for a lot of people. I would suggest that you purchase a good quality Wireless Access Point. The Ubiquiti ones I use give me full 200/12 throughout my home and also into the garden. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading from 200mb to 350mb

Hello Chris9521

Sorry to hear of the problems since upgrading your broadband but thank you for reaching out to us here and welcome to the forum. Is this still something you require assistance with since your post?

If so, we have some troubleshooting tips available for your broadband here virg.in/BBtroubleshoot  with tips to help boost the WiFi signal strength and range here virg.in/wifihelp  

Let us know if these help.

Rob

0 Kudos