cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to M500 - no change in download speeds

Gards1874
Joining in

About a month ago i took up an offer of upgrading from M350 to M500 for £5 more a month.

Got confirmation that the change had taken place (and it's showing as my service on my account) however the download speeds have not changed from M350.

I've restarted router, restarted my USG and all internal switches.  Still getting the same speeds....

Download speeds avg 140Mbps.  Upload 36Mbps.

Can't seem to see anyway to contact Virgin online to get this raised as an issue.

Can someone help please?

13 REPLIES 13

Gards1874
Joining in

Outside of this forum - is there any other way to contact virgin to get them to check my line/check this issue?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gards1874,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your speeds after your recent upgrade. 

Having looked into this and can see that there is an issue with your upstream channels that would need a technician visit to resolve. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Gards1874.
I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven