cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to M200 ?

planecrazy
Dialled in

I've got a new package which now includes a 360 box.  That is not operational yet due to cabling issues but the speed increase hasn't changed.  A wired speed test produced around 112 Mbps. (Hub 3)

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID474
Max Traffic Rate117000047
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID473
Max Traffic Rate10500047
Max Traffic Burst16320
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst16320
Scheduling TypeBestEffort

I don't know a great deal about all this but it looks something hasn't been changed over yet.

6 REPLIES 6

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Multiple changes to services will always be applied once everything is compelted

So if you're having new kit, your speed won't change until that's done too.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for clarifying that point BenMcr for me.  I'd better get on and sort out a tech visit. 

Just out of interest, I get around 25 Mbps on WiFi, is this likely to stay the same after the upgrade or can I expect a small increase on that figure?

Regards 

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thanks for your reply, planecrazy,

Keep us posted regarding your visit. there'll be a speed boost for wired for sure but It's hard to say what you'll experience with Wifi as this depends more on many environmental factors. 

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey_C 

WiFi is virtually the same for a doubling of speed which is not what I'm really going to worry about, upload has improved though.  (We are talking about a PC that is in a shed at the bottom of the garden here!)  A device up close to the router is very respectable though, very satisfied with the service I received from the Virgin Tech this morning.  Although not relevant to this thread, which I'll post to finalise the solution on the 360 TV section, all working well and now can watch National Geographic for the first time ever!  Yes I know that's sad but when you get past 70 who gives a !

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Run a Cat 6a ethernet cable to your shed and you will get 200 on that PC as well.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, planecrazy,

Adduxi's suggestion might be the best fix for your set up, but do keep us posted.

Cheers,

Corey C