Menu
NuMaNiaC
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to 200 Gamer still not getting download speed?

Well, after having many issues at the 150 service with an AC2 in the evenings, whereby upload was fine but downloads were anything between 10% and maybe on rare occasions 70% I convinced the other half we should upgrade to 200 Gamer, to avoid any traffic issues...

Now I have SH3 on 200 Gamer and am still struggling to pull maybe 50% downloads in peak evening times, again upload at the new rate is fine.

Am I just naïve in thinking that this 200 Gamer service, does not escape throttling or am I doing something wrong here? Checking 'service status' shows no broadband issues... rebooting the SH3 does not achieve anything... Gaming rig is not on wireless but on direct cable from SH3 to rig...

I do not need virgin abuse, but any constructive answers or advice please.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to 200 Gamer still not getting download speed?

there is no traffic management or throttling as you put it on the download but utilisation - if thats what it is will be there regardless of what package you are on - if its at peak time then it will be that - VM will confirm or not - takes them a week or so to get to threads

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi NuMaNiaC,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004600498). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 22nd March 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

NuMaNiaC
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you guys for the response's... I will await March 22nd with eager anticipation...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

March22nd is ONLY a REVIEW date; not a fix date. Some customers are getting reviews pushed back from late 2014/early 2015 still so don't hold your hopes up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello NuMaNiaC,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Yes as pointed out the date we've provided is a review date, this is when we can expect the fault ticket to be updated to inform us of any progress. As soon as we have new information, we will pass it over to you.

Thanks again for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Neil2080
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Totally the same here and sick and tired of speaking with useless customer services!!!. The cable was put in our street May last year and I signed up for the Vivid 200 gamer package. Got 220 download night and day very very stable. Have noticed over the past few weeks there has been a massive drop (sometimes down to 40) from late afternoon until the early hours. The team have tried to blame everything other than throttling and given I'm on the gamer package this should not happen anyway. They have tried to blame my Ethernet cable, which has never changed (neither has any of my set up). I could not get across to them that unless I had an Ethernet cable that was only faulty during peak times then the cable was fine!! I have never spoke to worse customer services and I'm sure it is not just a language barrier given that I only seem to be able to access the Indian guys and ladies (although this certainly does not help) it feels like they are only interested in certain things and not listening at all to what you are actually telling them. I have many screen shots illustrating the speed drops only at peak times which of course is when I want to use it too!! This is why I took on the gamer add on

So frustrated I'm seriously thinking of returning to ADSL in May when my contract ends, it is no good if you cant talk, be listened to and have a problem resolved.

so to be clear.....from around 01:00 until 17:00ish I have 220 download then gradual deterioration throughout peak time to around 40 then back up to 220 at around 01:00 again, consistently every day

0 Kudos
Neil2080
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have took many screen shots as evidence of this also

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That just sounds like the start of over utilization (too much demand / sign ups in the area).

gamer (which isn’t good for gaming despite the name) does not have upload traffic throttling. That’s the difference over the standard packages.

all standard packages are not throttled on the downstream.

over utilization, which while looks like throttling, is my throttling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Neil2080
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ah so they call it over utilization instead of throttling? I see well what is the difference please?

0 Kudos