cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 1gig but something seems a miss

bradcole90
Joining in

Hi All,

I've been with VM since the NTL days so I have nothing but good stuff to say when it comes to their services in my own opinion however I think I may have issues with this latest upgrade

I've had M350 for the last 2~3 years and just upgraded to the 1gig set up

Weirdly I can't get over 200Mbps on my main gaming PC (The same PC used to hit 380~400Mbps on the M350 line)

However I have noticed something that's different, please see below - these settings used to be 32QAM/64QAM when on M350 but now they are all 16QAM (1 of them is now 32QAM but have been on 16QAM solid since installation 2 days ago)

bradcole90_0-1642245720564.png

I would say the wall socket being used is the same coax plug that I would have been used for the NTL broadband like 20 years ago, would this socket be speed limited at all? 

Previously I had Hub 3 as modem running to R6400 Netgear nighthawk, this worked great and is the setup that this computer used to hit 380/400Mbps on

Now I'm using the Hub 4 as router going to the R6400 and this set up only lets me get 200Mbps on speed tests but it seems like its locked at 200? Hard to explain but it seems like it's being capped by something

I've also tried running the hub 4 as modem like I did with the Hub 3 but I get the same results?

I have managed to get 500Mbps on my Samsung S21 Ultra on the 5Ghz Wi-fi going directly to the Hub 4 but again it seems like its capped at 500Mbps

Hopefully this is enough information to get started if anything else required then fire away

Thanks in adv

Brad

10 REPLIES 10

bradcole90
Joining in

All seems to be improving so far!

Getting good speeds and a decent connection 👍