cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 1gig and not getting close

Wampa
Joining in

Hi, 

I upgraded my Internet today using the hub 4 in modem mode and using asus zenwfif xt8 as mesh (one upstairs which is main one, other is upstairs) I'm using cat 8 cables through out the house. I'm getting between 300 and 400 mbps. 

Cheers 

20 REPLIES 20

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You could downgrade if VM network for your area can't deliver.

I have doubt if you go to router mode and run "RealSpeed" that you get 1Gb to the hub

RealSpeed - SamKnows

---------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot_20220330-102906_Samsung Internet.jpg

 so I just done the test and this is what I got, yet I'm not getting anywhere near those speeds

Screenshot_20220330-103535_Speedtest.jpg

 just ran a speed test as well and this is what I got 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Can you connect an ethernet device to the primary Asus unit, and see what speed that gives?  Should show if the problem is purely wifi, or something between the hub and the Asus.

So just did this and I'm getting lower speeds than over wifi

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Wampa wrote:

<snip> so I just done the test and this is what I got, yet I'm not getting anywhere near those speeds

I thought samknows Realspeed does not work in modem mode as the OP states this is how he is running the Hub ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I changed it to router mode and connected one device 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Good move.  Sounds like its the broadband, not the Asus.

Pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

There's a few foibles - Hub 4 sometimes doesn't report error counts properly, and if it is to do so then ideally needs to have run for 12-24 hours since changing mode or restarting.  But we could take a look now for obvious problems with power or noise levels. 

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
13940000036.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM9
24620000036.5205995120 KSym/sec64QAM8
35370000036.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM7
46030000037.0205995120 KSym/sec64QAM6

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
1US_TYPE_STDMA0000
2US_TYPE_STDMA0000
3US_TYPE_STDMA0010
4US_TYPE_STDMA0000