cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 1gb - speed issue

Nealb
Joining in

Any help appreciated, i upgraded form M500 to 1GB internet a couple of weeks ago, from the start I wasn’t receiving anywhere near 1GB In fact it was slower than my M500, after speaking to technical help my line was monitored for 24hr and a fault was found, i then had an engineer out who ran lots of tests and found that everything inside the house was fine but said that from the box to my house could only receive a max of 570gb and that someone else would need to come out and look into it and said it would be that week, that was nearly 2 weeks ago . I’ve not heard anything and my speed issues are still there. Is there any way to find out what happening about it on here ?  And to clarify all test I’ve done are wired straight to the hub with nothing else connected  and to top ot off I’ve just had my first bill through for something I’m not receiving 

Thanks Neal 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @Nealb,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that this has now been addressed and resolved.

If you need our help again in the future, please feel free to reach out to us here on the community forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Morning, could somebody take a look on my account please, there seems to be a appointment charge of £25 on there  I don’t believe it should be there 

thanks Neal 

I think I have sorted it with after talking to someone on the phone 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nealb

I can see you mentioned you have the charge query resolved. If you have any further issues or concerns, please let us know and we can investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, I have spoken to them and have been told that the £25 will be taken off, I’ve had another look and it’s still on there so not sure if it’s been done yet ?

Neal 

Hi @Nealb, if you have already received a bill with this additional charge any changes made after this will not show on the bill as we only produce one a month.

If you keep an eye on your direct debit it will reflect the £25 being removed. If you have any further issues with this please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules