cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 1gb - speed issue

Nealb
Joining in

Any help appreciated, i upgraded form M500 to 1GB internet a couple of weeks ago, from the start I wasn’t receiving anywhere near 1GB In fact it was slower than my M500, after speaking to technical help my line was monitored for 24hr and a fault was found, i then had an engineer out who ran lots of tests and found that everything inside the house was fine but said that from the box to my house could only receive a max of 570gb and that someone else would need to come out and look into it and said it would be that week, that was nearly 2 weeks ago . I’ve not heard anything and my speed issues are still there. Is there any way to find out what happening about it on here ?  And to clarify all test I’ve done are wired straight to the hub with nothing else connected  and to top ot off I’ve just had my first bill through for something I’m not receiving 

Thanks Neal 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

15 REPLIES 15

Nealb
Joining in

And now I get home and I’ve got a letter telling me my bill is going up £3.25 per month 😂

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked a VM person to mommect on here to see whether 1GB is possible or not for you. If not you were mis-sold the package and they should arrange to put you back on the lower package.

Note that since you have now got your price rise letter - you have 28 days in which to exit the VM service for another provider at no cost to yourself - should you want to do that of course

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi thanks for your reply, I’m literally on hold now again, first phone call got passed from pillar to post to the be put through to the “right department” for an automated voice to tell me the number had changed and to call 150 from my home phone for it to then say goodbye and hang up 🙄 never known  such a poor service it’s  crazy, I was assured by the visiting engineer that his report would get another engineer booked out to check the cabinet, the one person I did manage to talk to for 2 minutes said there was nothing booked so back to square 1 🤷🏽‍♂️

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nealb,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your speeds at the moment! 

I was able to look over our systems, and I can see that you have recently been in touch with us to book in another appointment in regards to this issue.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if this helps with you speed issues. If you're still having problems after this appointment, please keep us updated and we'll be more than happy to investigate.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulina_Z   Paulina....  OP says in the last post he is getting the usual run around from CS - can you advise on the issue before you lose a customer

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks again, after another hour on the phone I have an another engineer appointment booked, not sure if this is to look at the line outside and the cabinet as the last engineer advised needed looking or just a general engineer appointment but I wasn’t really getting anywhere fast so took this option. Fingers crossed they can sort it 

Neal 

Thank you 

It's been a few days since you have posted Nealb, how was the visit? were they able to fully resolve the issue?

Rob

Hi Rob , thanks for your question .   Yes we think it’s sorted now, weird thing is just before the engineer visited I tried another pin hole reset and it seemed to do something as I started to get 940gb on my hard wired test to my MacBook, he still came and checked over everything and it seemed as though all the numbers were within range and he was happy, he wasn’t sure if anything had been changed at the cabinet before he got here or if it was just the reset that worked but so far it seems to be ok fingers crossed 

Neal