cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 1gb but still only getting 200mb

Tuxs75
Joining in

I upgraded my broadband to 1gb on Tuesday. I received a brand new Hub 4 on Friday which I installed immediately. It’s now late on Saturday but I am still only receiving a maximum of 200mb speed. I have called Virgin CS on 3 separate occasions over the past 24hrs and was told the same each time!

“We have just sent a hit to your router which will now increase the speed. Please restart router and the increased speed will show” 

I have followed there instructions each time however the speed is always remaining at 200mb rather than the upgraded 1gb.

Does anyone know what I should do or do Virgin take several days to increase the speed to my router?

thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Tuxs75
Joining in
Ok so after checking through these forums I see lots of people have exactly the same problem as me!!

How do I book an engineer visit so he can check the Hub 4 router, check the connection into house as well as making sure the 1gb line is going into our house.

Thanks

Tenebreaux
On our wavelength

What speed are you getting to the hub?

Try here:

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

It took mine about ten days before they changed the config file to 1gig.

Thanks but Hub 4 is on Modem mode as I have a Deco home network running around house meaning the link you sent does not pick up Hub 4 in Modem mode.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Test speed by wire.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Already done that and the speed is showing very similar so no difference!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

For 1GB is should be something like 12700000 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, however how do I view the config settings? 

Primary Downstream Service Max Traffic is currently showing as 1200000450

Not sure what this means?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Tuxs75

Really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your speeds. 

Are you able to let me know how things are looking? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M