cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 1Gb but getting 500mb speeds

gino667
Tuning in

I upgraded my account recently to 1Gb from 500mb and previously was getting 500-600 speeds consistently. After i placed the upgrade order I was getting speeds of around 800 and higher on my hub3. About a week later after the upgrade i was sent a hub4 and the speeds dropped significantly and I now never get speeds above 500 and usually around 300 or lower even, websites also take long to request.

I had an engineer come by and he did not see any issues with the connection and confirmed that he was registering 1Gb speeds up to the hub but they were not coming out of the hub at 1Gb, neither wired or through WiFi. 

After i had upgraded and the hub4 was sent out, i got an email from Virgin if i wanted to upgrade to Hub5. I confirmed i did but my order got cancelled couple of days after as it stated i recently got upgraded to hub4 (!). The engineer also advised that 1Gb would be better suited to the Hub5.

This is getting really frustrating now as I am paying a lot more now and recently a price increase has been announced as well and was previously enjoying stable speeds!

Any suggestions to resolve this would be great or perhaps if the hub5 can be sent out. 

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gino667 wrote:

That does not make much sense. You’re not offering your latest hubs on the best broadband speeds you have to offer? Counterintuitive if you ask me …   <snip>

The Hub 5 does not support the VOIP phone nor the wifi pods.  Users on the 1GB plan are entitled to wifi pods, so the Hub 5 will be of no use.

Once the firmware is updated, at some point in time, it will be ready for general release.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for you response I neither have pods or voip.

Hi gino667

I can look into that £35 activation fee for you 

regarding the package change its not possible though the Forums 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L