cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded speed not applied

Jordan1996
On our wavelength

Good morning!

On Saturday, I upgraded from the M350 package to the M500 package at a cost of £5/month.

I received confirmation that this is active, however I have not been upgraded.

I have rebooted the modem, however I can see the line is still limited at the previous package speeds.

I contacted VM via WhatsApp, and I was advised that in 4 hours and a reboot it would be active (this was yesterday morning). This has not happened.

I then contacted VM again and the agent has advised me that upgrades through the website never work, and they have instead tried to offer me a greatly inflated package for £96 per month.

I have asked if they can manually apply the upgrade to M500 for £50/month, or alternatively if they cannot I have asked if they will revert the package to the £45/month for the M350 package that I was originally paying.

Overall it’s been a pretty rubbish experience, and if this upgrade can’t go ahead it will also mean I’ll cancel my O2 SIM only deal that I have just signed up for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for clarifying @Jordan1996 and I understand, I am so sorry to hear that this has happened. 

I'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Jordan1996
On our wavelength

Further to my post, I have spoken with support on the phone who has raised this as a fault. Unsurprisingly this has come back as clear since the issue is that I'm on the line profile for the M350 package, which is not a fault.

Looking back at the email I received after placing the order, it shows that I'm now paying £50 for the same service that I was previously paying £45 for last week. Mind boggling.

I've now spoken/WhatsApp/Live chatted 5 different people and every single one has given me a different reason, but none have resolved. I've had little choice but to raise a complaint.

Hi @Jordan1996 👋 Thank you for your posts. 

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

Have you been contacted since raising a complaint? If so, has the issue now been resolved?

You can track complaints using our online checker here

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately I’ve not heard anything at all 😔

Jordan1996
On our wavelength

Seems that the upgrade has now gone ahead - not sure if this is the result of the complaint or if it just got stuck somewhere in the system.

Martyn
Up to speed

whats realspeed tell you? for me it tells me 1000x100 but yet I only get the old 52mb >.<

Martyn_0-1686351539366.png

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

Jordan1996
On our wavelength

My upgrade from M350 > M500 is complete, I'm still waiting on the Volt upgrade from M500 > Gig1. I hope for your sake that it doesn't involve contacting customer service to get it resolved.

Jordan1996
On our wavelength

Turns out my speed still hasn't increased as a result of me upgrading my package. The only reason I've moved from M350 to M500 is because my Volt benefits have now been applied.

I spoke with customer services yet again a few days ago, and they advised that the system rejected the speed upgrade that I put through on the website, but it happily increased the payment by £5/month. I've had to provide evidence that I was originally paying £5 less - as far as Virgin are concerned I've always been paying the higher price, this is despite all of my bills clearly showing what I've been paying.

I was advised by the agent that they would apply a recurring £5 credit to my account, which would get it back to what I have contractually agreed to pay - as far as I can tell, this has not occurred. Therefore, as a result I continue to be overcharged.

Customer service is by far the worst I've experienced in recent times, nobody has any idea what's going on or how to resolve anything. They're only interested in offering a "great deal" - clearly on commission.

If anybody reads this before joining Virgin, have a good look at your alternative options. There's more and more alt-net providers with local, competent customer service. You won't regret it.

Hi there @Jordan1996 

Thank you for popping back to us and we are so sorry to hear that your account has not been upgraded. 

Can I ask if the team stated why this was unable to process? Have you previously had a Volt speed upgrade? 

Hi @Ashleigh_C

So the Volt is live on my account now, that’s how I’ve gone from M350 to M500.

However, I had previously upgraded to M500 prior to activating Volt; but this hasn’t applied. I should now be on Gig1.

Despite it not applying, I am being billed for the upgrade from M350 to M500 at £5 per month extra. That’s the most annoying part, as every Virgin agent has told me that I’ve always been paying the extra despite my bills clearly showing the opposite! I’d either like the £5 per month taken off my account, or Gig1 applied.