cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my broadband

lanceberry
Tuning in

Hi,

I've just got a new contract with Virgin for 264mpbs, been around 30m since i upgraded, I'm getting speeds of 64 mbps.

Can anyone assist

Thanks,

Syed

8 REPLIES 8

lanceberry
Tuning in

Just did a realspeed test

got 273mbps on the route and on the device got 77.1 mbps after turning the router on and off again.

Hi Syed, 

Thanks for taking the time to post here about the issues you are having with your speeds. 

After upgrading, it can take 24 hours for everything to go through correctly. 

Based on your results, it sounds as though either you're testing the speed to the device via WiFi or there is something limiting the speed on your device. 

As it's been over the 24 hours now, can you reboot your hub and check on a few different devices? It will also help to get a speed test done on a device that is connected to the hub via an ethernet cable. 

Let us know the results you get. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

I am afraid I'm still not getting the speed advertised. I have checked on other devices and it's still the same.

Also the wifi signal is weak in the bedrooms upstairs the wifi signal goes down to two.

Also I was promised pods but they are yet to arrive.

Thanks,

Syed

and I've also upgraded to the M250 package 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the problem is with your WiFi, upgrading your broadband speed will make no difference. If Virgin promised that it would, you were mis-sold the product. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Good Afternoon @lanceberry, sorry to hear of the speeds over Wi-Fi.

Can you please confirm what speeds you achieve when working with an Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

You don’t have a Hub 3 by any chance, do you? Had a similar disparity between the router speed and the device speed until it was replaced by a Hub 5. 

A change of Hub will not make any difference to a WiFi device that only draws data at 77Mb/s !