cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from M500 to Gig1 Speed Halved

twixy
Tuning in

Hi,

I had a Hub 3 with M500 in modem mode using an Archer C7 (AC1750) getting a solid 450-500mbps on my devices via Ethernet. I was notified by email about Gig1 install near me and decided to go for it. They sent out a Hub 4, promptly installed it following all the instructions and put it into modem mode with my C7. Found it odd that the speed had halved to 200mbps on my devices other Ethernet, so I decided to stick the Hub 4 in router mode and try that plugged in directly - same thing, speeds of 200mbps. I've jumped on Samknows and I'm getting 1150mbps into the hub but only 200mbps to the devices. Nothing has changed apart from the Hub 4, trying to work out why these speeds are much slower within the network, cause as far as I can tell - the hub is receiving 1150mbps from the line. I've got 1 DOCSIS 3.1 channel showing. 

WiFi speeds are about the same at 150-200mbps, and I expect it would be slower than a cable obviously but when upgrading I did not expect that a new hub would half my speed and I would now prefer the old package and Hub 3 I had.

Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsChannel Overview Downstream Upstream

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

Any advice?

Cheers,

Jordan.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @twixy

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in.

This can be tracked and or altered in your online account

Do let us know how it goes and if you ever need us, pop us a public post and we'll be happy to help 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill