cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from M350 to 1GB, Constant issues with speed drops

KMitchell91
Tuning in

Hi All. 

Made the upgrade to 1GB from M350 17/18th August and had it installed on Sat 20th. The first couple days was absolutely brilliant. I was getting the speeds advertised and i'm still getting them. The problem i'm having is that it keeps dropping all day every day for the last 2 week on a wired ethernet connection. I'd use speedtest, samknows (sometimes the test fails when it's dropping connection) and all those websites/applications and i'll see drops of 0.15mpbs, then shooting back to around 200mbps to the advertise speeds of 900 to 945.54 as i know it won't go over 950 due to hub limitations. I noticed packet loss/huge latency spikes and it was getting worse so i checked speedtest to notice it dropping to around 0.57. Image below  was my speed 2 days after installation after noticing latency online. It's still dropping between 0.15-0.50 this morning.

I thought it would be due to a new install/upgrade so i let it settle for 7 days and the issue seemed to go away, i checked the "Fix Broadband" option on the VM website and they say i still have issues so i've booked an engineer visit. Just wanted to know if there are any solutions on VM's side, checking to see why i'm getting my speeds but it's spiking crazily all day. I can web browse but can't play games any more due to it getting so bad. Can't watch videos on youtube on the tv either.

KMitchell91_0-1662467537071.png

11 REPLIES 11

@KMitchell91 wrote:

It was rebooked twice to October then 28 November. No one from, i'm assuming Comex2000 since they're partnered with VM bothered to turn up to the property yesterday, was supposed to have been escalated since it's the construction team for the pre pull and have a text message or email by 5 today and got nothing. I have a VM Assistant on Whatsapp asking me if i'm ok to rebook it to the 14th December. I'm refusing and fighting to get my contract canceled. I can't stream anything, play any videos or play a simple online game.

It will have been 4 months and counting to get this sorted, i'm done. 

Thanks anyway.

For what it's worth, and yes, I know you just want to leave - and who could blame you? but you actually have a cracked cable joint or loose connection somewhere between your hub and the street cabinet. You may well have a fight to get released from contract without penalty, although the way you seem too have been messed around will probably mitigate in your favour when this inevitably ends up at the industry adjudicator CISAS.

Hi @KMitchell91

Thank you for your further post.

I am sorry to hear this isn't resolved.

I will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide