cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from 500mb to 1GB and getting 40mb

lawtony
Joining in

Upgraded to 1GB, installed my router yesterday evening (saturday). Instantly had 40mb speed, but expected as it said it would take around 10 mins to fully boot up. Now sunday evening and im still getting around 45mb, tried using the broadband checker on virgin site, however it says it will take 30 seconds and even after waiting 30mins it has not finished checking.

Any help appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

RJMD
Dialled in
Getting same issue here, directly wired to router, Samknows and speedtest.net showing 45Mbps constant. Not what I'm paying for!

JD

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lawtony

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the lower than expected speeds since the hub upgrade, can appreciate how frustrating that must be. I've done a system check and can see you've got a tech visit booked in as you've spoke to the team since posting.

This visit can be tracked in your online account here - virg.in/myVM - you can also cancel and amend it if needed.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill