cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from 500Mbit to Gbit since moving address.

shaun55
Joining in

Hi,

I rang virgin media yesterday to ask them to look into my service as i can not seem to get the speeds in which im paying for.

There reply was that im getting more that 50% of my service and so thats all they guarantee, did some tests anyways after i took it out of modem mode and said all looks fine.

Surely paying for a gbit service and they can only guarantee 50% of it isnt right.

My setup currently is Pfsence server with gbit quad network NIC, my hub is the latest one and its connected directly to the server via cat 8 leads. (Ive tested / tried 5e & 6 also)

With my laptop i can SSH into my pfsence server and open a shell to run the speedtest-cli, it fluctuates from 500-640 but never goes above.

Now ive checked and ran tests from the SAM knows website & it does indicate im getting full speed, but its my impression that speed test is to the hub out in the street not directly to my property.

Could some one please look into the signal levels and information below as to give me an idea of where the issue is from or where to start.

shaun55_0-1649895566702.png

4 REPLIES 4

shaun55
Joining in

1.1.png1.2.png2.png3.png4.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Test speed in modem mode with just a PC to the hub
---------------------------------------------------------------

HUB stats area all within spec.

Hi Shaun55, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're not getting the internet speeds you're paying for.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R