Menu
MarkyMark0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded from 200 to 350 , speeds are now about 40

Title really explains the situation I am now in , im very frustrated.

Im testing speeds using it hardwired to my Desktop pc

I upgraded our vivid 200 broadband this week to 350 , initially my speeds went to about 170 , now they have plummeted to about 40-50 . I called Virgin support who sent round a technician who was here for a couple of hours. He changed the Hub 3 in case mine was faulty which I was pretty sure it wasn't.  I am using a CAT6 cable and all the connections and cables are sound. He came back later with his manager and they checked the box which is about 40 yards from my front door. He told me that the problems is coming from the box in the street as he tried his laptop and the hub 3 from there. 

He went away saying someone else will be round today (not had a message or seen anyone) so really I feel like im in limbo now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded from 200 to 350 , speeds are now about 40

First job would be to call VM CS and see if they have logged the fault and know of a panned technician visit. A VM staff person will pick this up on here but they can take up to a week to get to posts.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarkyMark0, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am really sorry you've been having problems with your speeds. Have you been able to get this resolved since your post? If not please let us know and we will be more than happy to look into this for you.

All the best, 

Hetty_R
MarkyMark0
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No im afraid not, in fact my speeds have been getting slower and slower (down to about 30/40 meg, my upload speeds are perfectly fine btw. I called support yesterday who said they cant see any tech appointments. They also said a manager would be in contact but ive heard nothing, very frustrating I wish I hadnt bothered upgrading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

My apologies for this experience. 

I would like to have a look into this for you, I have sent you a private message so we can discuss this further. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
MarkyMark0
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Speeds are now a rock bottom 15 meg , had no phone call back and the engineers I take it have washed their hands with it , thanks VM

PPP.jpgONE.jpgTWO.jpgTHREE.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Blimey - those post RS errors are horrendous (mine are all 0). Can you reset the counters to zero in the Hub settings - or switch it off for a minute or 2 to reset them.. Have a look to see if they are at 0 . They might have been "historical". Check if they start to build up again over a few hours/day. Post them back if they do.
Also, you need to post the upload stats and network logs.
If they are building up you need VM engineering help

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MarkyMark0
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ive had an engineer out , he had to bring his manger back and both said the problem is at the exchange box , since then nobody has contacted me ive just been left , left furious I might add (I called support again who said they would get a manger to call me back .. never got a call back)

0 Kudos
mildenhall
Rising star
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Phone up again and make a complaint. Those speeds will mean that you are due a poor service discount until they sort the issue. Basically demand a discount until the issue is sorted.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@MarkyMark0 wrote:

No im afraid not, in fact my speeds have been getting slower and slower (down to about 30/40 meg, my upload speeds are perfectly fine btw. I called support yesterday who said they cant see any tech appointments. They also said a manager would be in contact but ive heard nothing, very frustrating I wish I hadnt bothered upgrading.

Yes what is it with upgrades and it going backwards seems a lot people have had this experience.

Can you try the hub in modem mode with a PC to see what speeds you get like that.

0 Kudos