cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Speed but no Change in speed

Truckerbloke
Joining in

Hi all, 

I have been a virgin customer for a very long time.  I have recently upgraded my speed. (the change happened on 15th Feb)

I canceled my TV and telephone services at the same time and they are no longer functional so I know the change has been applied.  

I keep testing my speed both through a network cable and WiFi and the speed hasn't changed at all.  It is exactly a if I haven't changed my package. Before I was getting between 150 and 210 mbps.  I've tested throughout the week and it's exactly the same with the exception of one test which hit 250mbps and then shot straight back down to 210mbps. My maximum should be 350mbps

I don't think I have the will power to sit on the phone for 2 hours so thought I'd ask in here if there is anything I can do to check the router or similar. 

I've done all of the usual things like turn it all off and leave it etc. 

Any ideas anyone ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a pinhole reset first - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

When its up and running see if speeds are increased. If not log into the settings and navigate to the Configuration File/Data page and look for the Downstream & Upstream boxes for "Maximum Data Transfer Rate" and note what the numbers are (in bps) see if they correspond to a 200 or 350 package

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a pinhole reset first - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

When its up and running see if speeds are increased. If not log into the settings and navigate to the Configuration File/Data page and look for the Downstream & Upstream boxes for "Maximum Data Transfer Rate" and note what the numbers are (in bps) see if they correspond to a 200 or 350 package

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John,

You have won the Internet today.  I couldn't find any upstream or downstream information in bps only in Hz. I did use a pin on the reset and that has solved my issue,  I'm now getting 350 mbps so I'm eternally grateful to you for taking the time to answer.  I'm normally the guy that has problems that no one can solve 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Thanks again John, you're my hero 😘