cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Broadband Speed Issues

sku11meister
Fibre optic

Hi, I upgraded my 600mbps to the 1gb service yesterday, and Virgin told me I will need a new Hub which is being sent on Monday.

My speeds have always been over 600Mbps and very stable, but since I upgraded my Speeds are just under 100Mbps?

Is this because I have the superhub3 and its not compatible with the new service or is this another issue that anyone's experienced or has heard of before?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes the 1GB service requires a Hub4 to deliver higher speeds.

Note that's only achievable on an ethernet cable connection - wifi will max out at ~600Mbps as the Hub4 is only wifi5. You will need wifi6 wireless equipment to get higher over wifi

You could try a pinhole reset of the Hub3 to see if that boosts it up to near 600.  Or perhaps the ethernet cablee has failed or NIC card has reset to 100mbps

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sku11meister,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some slower than expected connection speeds recently. If the new router is yet to arrive, I'd recommend carrying our a wired Speed Test to get a better idea of what speeds are reaching your router.

If you're also having speed problems on a wired connection, perform a factory reset of the router and then check to see if that has helped to improve things for you.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, Thankyou for the replies. I received my hub4 and installed it, promptly put it into modem mode after letting it set itself up. Everything is working fine now, speeds are just hovering around 900mbps and upload is around the 52mbps mark. must have been my old sh3 saying goodbye 😄