Menu
Vinceashe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

I received a phone call supposedly from a Virgin Media support person.  She offered to upgrade my Virgin Media package from 200mb to 500mb all for an extra £1 per month.  The upgraded include a free SIM card.  But then she asked me to confirm my email address and the one she gave me did not match with my email address.  So she could not email me the T&Cs of this upgrade for me to approve.  She said she would talk to accounts and get the correct email address and call me back.  Since then I have heard nothing but did receive a SIM card in the post.  If I log in to my account it still shows that my broadband speed is 200mb.  Was this a genuine Virgin Media call or a scam?

0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade

hard to say exactly, but any access to your account leaves a footprint, so could call customer services, or wait a day or so for the forum staff to pick this up, to see if there has been any access to your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Reboot your modem and see if the speed changes.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @Vinceashe 

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums. 

I would be more than happy to take a look into this for you, I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos