cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

GoatBoy85
Tuning in

I have upgraded from M200 to M500. The upgrade is confirmed and my new bill has been confirmed as from today, however, my network speed hasn't changed. I still get the same speeds as M200.

I have reset my hub. Checked the speed on multiple devices (WiFi and wired) and yet have the same result.

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

range for downstream levels are -6 +10 so yours are towards the top end - some say zero is the best but as long as the speed is there then it should not be a worry or concern

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

which hub do you have - post the config file to see if the upgrade has gone through

its worth a reset of the hub - that may sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Its a Hub3. 

I'd love to post the config file but I'm running a Netgear Nighthawk router and it seems to stop me getting to the Hub3 via my web browser, I've never managed to sort this either...

indie24
On our wavelength

If your in modem mode on the hub just type in 192.168.100.1 in your browser. It should.give you access to the Virgin hub.

My Broadband Ping - Home

Amazing. Thank you! It's the first time I've seen the Hub's config page in about three months. 

Here are my logs:

Screenshot_20211221-211935_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-211940_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-211947_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-211954_Edge.jpg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

levels are ok - downstream is a bit on the high side but within limis

the config file says you are on 200 - so a reboot - if that does not sort it a reset - a good 30 sec on the button and if that again does not sort it a call to retentions to sort things out

the reset will put the hub back into router mode so you will have to put it back into modem mode

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks i shall give it a go. 

Could you explain what a "bit on the high side" means? I'm just curious about what that means.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

range for downstream levels are -6 +10 so yours are towards the top end - some say zero is the best but as long as the speed is there then it should not be a worry or concern

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Magic. Thank you. I'll reset my router tomorrow and let you know the results. 

Thanks for your time. Merry Christmas. 

It worked. Thanks again for your help and advice.