cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to M600 - disappointment

firestormwest
Joining in

Hi I recently upgraded from 100 broadband to M600 oomph

I was advised that this would be upgraded within 24 hours but it appears not to have been upgraded a couple of days later. Speed tests are showing the same as I have always previously achieved about 50MBPS

I have been trying all afternoon to get someone to converse with on chat but no luck, I have tried switching off/unplugging the router etc.

is waiting for longer than the 24hrs stated normal?

Any ideas when/how/if I will get the upgrade speed that I am paying for?

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Why do people do this to themselves they say I'm on 100 but only get 50Mb! People stop and think! If your not getting your speed for crying out loud! DON'T UPGARDE!

But a side from that do you have a hub 3 or 4?

---------------------------------------------------------------

brooksy79
Fibre optic

Try rebooting your hub 3 (Turn off for 2mins)

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@legacy1 wrote:
Why do people do this to themselves they say I'm on 100 but only get 50Mb! People stop and think! If your not getting your speed for crying out loud! DON'T UPGARDE!

But a side from that do you have a hub 3 or 4?

It happens all the time, but don't blame the victim.  It's usually the CS who persuade the punter to upgrade, instead of helping them with a speed problem.  

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @firestormwest 

I'm sorry to hear of the slow speeds you've been experiencing on the connection, and that this has become even more evident since your recent upgrade.

Are you able to run a speed test via a Cat 6 Ethernet cable, and with the hub in modem mode?

This will tell us what speed we have going into your property. If this reads as the subscribed speed (or slightly above) this will advise us this is an issue with the Wi-Fi facility or the set up on your home.

If this is below the subscribed speed, this may be an issue outside the property that needs to be rectified

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David I got through to a Technician Saturday evening who ran through various checks etc.

He confirmed that there was an issue and said an engineer visit was required. It was left that an engineer would call my mobile to arrange a visit.

5 days later I still await that call.
Regards

Steve

PING ms 16 DOWNLOAD Mbps 29.11 UPLOAD Mbps 27.61

Really bad tonight sitting 2m away from hub on wifi not CAT 6

The other day I got 429 MBPS on same device same position it is so unreliable!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi firestormwest, thanks for keeping us updated - sorry for any confusion around the engineer visit. When checking this from here today I can see a fault was logged last week but has since been deemed resolved. I hope that means things have improved for you since?

If not, please post your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:

In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. If you have a hub 2 or 3 when the page loads don't log in but click ‘Check Router Status’. If you have a Hub 4 when the page loads log in and then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy full sets of data from the downstream, upstream, & network logs pages and paste them here. Please don’t post screencaps - if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank any sensitive details out for you.

You can also set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Tom

Tom

I am quite surprised at the level of investigation that you expect of a customer.

I am fairly computer user literate but would struggle to understand and perform the below!

The speed has been better the last few day lets hope that it lasts.

Can you confirm what the nature of the resolved fault was and when it was resolved?

thanks

Steve

Hi @firestormwest,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear that your speeds have been doing well over the past few days. How has your connection been since Thursday?

Our team member raised a Fault on the system, which would have been reviewed by our second line technical team, in regards to your speed issue. This has been marked as resolved, and hopefully the cause of your improved speeds. 

Please keep us update don how you're getting on. Are you still experiencing the speed issues?

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs