cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Gig1

RonG1980
Joining in

Hi. I received an email a couple of days ago saying that Gig1 is now available in my area. So, I contacted customer services via chat and phone to go ahead with the upgrade but it seems it isn't actually available yet. So my question is, why send out the email if it isn't possible to upgrade yet? Surely all that will do is get a lot of peoples hopes up only for them to be let down. Also, is it actually available but their system is slow at updating the information? 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The best way to tell is to try and order on the website - if you can its available.

I got notification that Gig1 was available in my area - when I check the Max speed available was 5/600.

I "think" that is because VM "Areas" are not "geographic" - I am Area 20 in Manchester - as are othe customers in London/Bristol/etc .... they are "legacy" billing areas from your previous company pre-VM - and the VM website is notoriously "average".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

RonG1980
Joining in

It's telling me I can get it when I go to the website as a new customer though!!!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond on here in a day or so and see if its possible for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RonG1980

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

What did the team advise exactly via the phone? What did they say the maximum you could have was? If the upgrade was possible this should of been processed as our system automatically detects what the highest we can service is in the area.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

They didn't say what the maximum speed available was, just that Gig1 wasn't available to me yet. I received an email prior to this saying it's now in my area and when I go on the website as a new customer there is the option of Gig1. I'm just looking for a definitive answer as to whether it is or isn't available to me yet.

Hi RonG1980,

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take the details of your address and check the availability on our system to get to the bottom of this for you. If you have received a notification for 1Gig it will be at least in the works if not yet available and the network will be in place. It's possible that the agent made an error or the 1Gig fibre connection hasn't been made active yet.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth