Menu
MMc1878
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade still not applied.

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded from M100 to M350 fibre broadband but am still yet to receive the speed boost. Anyone know when this will be applied? Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade still not applied.

Maybe you don't have a hub 3?

Or your own router/PC has 100Mb port link?
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
MMc1878
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I do have a hub 3. I’m not using a router or anything like that. Just using the hub for wifi around the house. Best speed I’m clocking is 70mb download. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @MMc1878,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection and your upgrade not going through. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see that your upgrade is showing on your account as having gone through. 

I can also see that you used our online help to send a signal to your hub, how are things since you did that.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
MMc1878
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Thanks for getting back to me. Our internet is working fine it’s just the speed has not been upgraded. It says on my new contract (starting 09/01/2021) that the minimum we should be getting is 181mb but we are currently struggling to even get 70mb. More often it’s less than 40mb which wouldn’t be inline with the “minimum guaranteed download speed.” Can this be looked into please? I’m not looking to cancel as I think Virgin is the best broadband by far but I just wouldn’t mind getting what we’re paying for. 

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @MMc1878,

I can take a further look into this for you but could I ask a few questions.

Are the speed tests that you're running over a wired or wifi connection to your network?

If the tests are over WiFi, would it be possible for you to test your speed via a wired connection to the network?

I have looked into your account and cannot see anything that would be causing these issues are you stats are all in specification for a good connection. I have checked into your local area network and cannot see any issues there either.

Please could you setup a broadband quality monitor using this link here and post your results after 24 to 48 hours, this can help us determine what the issues could be.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos