Menu
davidz
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade not effective

I ordered an upgrade to M350 on 25/3/20. My order confirmation said "You'll get the full details on speeds in your welcome email and contract in the next few days." I never received a welcome email or contract or speed details. Then on 31/3/20 I received another email saying my order had been fully actioned. However, my speed hasn't changed at all and I've just received a bill for the M350 charge

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade not effective

Did you get a new Hub or keep the old one? Have you rebooted it since the last email? You might also try doing a 60 second pinhole reset on it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davidz
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.

I kept my old hub (which is not old) and have rebooted it (by which I mean I turned the power off for a few seconds) and I'm still getting download speeds of 30ish at best

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

are you using a wired connection or wireless?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

First job.... do could try a factory reset – a lot of the VM techies are suggesting it as a first option.
A pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !
With the Hub "on" disconnect any ethernet connections and push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davidz
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Wireless

0 Kudos
davidz
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
JonarthanL
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

i too have upgraded from M100 to M350 recently and i have not noticed an increase in speed, in fact i have noticed that it has gotten worse and sometimes have high latency.

At the moment i'm trying to update a game and the speed is less than 2 megs a secend which is extremely poor.

I have followed the steps you mentioned in regards to doing a reset but it has been ineffective.

Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would say the first thing to check is to see if the Hub has actually been provisioned for the faster speed. If you go to the web interface on the Hub, find the network/router status page and look at the Configuration Tab, the values for Upstream and Downstream max traffic rates will tell you what the Hub has been configured to work at.

0 Kudos
JonarthanL
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

Thanks for the reply,

Im not exactly sure how to get to the information you are reffering to. 😞
0 Kudos