cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 200 to M500 but speed is not what I expect

ThundermouseUK
Tuning in

Have upgraded from 200 to M500 and the download speed has improved but not as much as I hoped.  On 200 I could run a speed test and get anything between 180 to 210 but now get up to 280,

ThundermouseUK_0-1639471492902.png

My Virgin Media says M500 now

ThundermouseUK_1-1639471529090.png

Hub 3 is in router mode and I connected by ethernet cable.

Config looks like it has the updated downstream details

ThundermouseUK_2-1639471613610.png

Downstream channels.

ThundermouseUK_3-1639471700155.pngThundermouseUK_4-1639471722926.png

Am I missing something or should I expect to get closer to 500 downloads.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

ThundermouseUK
Tuning in

Forgot to add network log

ThundermouseUK_0-1639472148188.png

And upstream items in case they affect download speeds

ThundermouseUK_0-1639484477638.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the photos I can see so far, your Downstream power is too low.  Range should be -6 to +10 This will need a VM technician to sort out.

You would be better to copy and paste the information as photos need to be approved and take a while to be visible.

EDIT - Upstream is too high as well. Range should be 34 to 51.

Phone it in to VM or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Couple of follow on questions.  Is there a way of tagging the post for a VM Mod to see and to resolve the issue does it usually involve accessing the wiring in the house or would it be at a junction box etc.?

Thanks

ThundermouseUK_0-1639828755385.png

@ThundermouseUK wrote:

Couple of follow on questions.  Is there a way of tagging the post for a VM Mod to see and to resolve the issue does it usually involve accessing the wiring in the house or would it be at a junction box etc.?

Thanks

It depends on the issue. Power levels are usually adjusted in the cabinet.

It can take 2 days to a week for a reponse from VM on here.

Have spoken to VM on phone and changed hub from modem mode back to router mode and speed is now at levels that I would expect with Sam Knows site showing 534 download.  Otherwise network configuration is the same.

Not sure on why this would be but worth trying if you are having the same issue.

Power levels are still showing the same BTW

Good Afternoon @ThundermouseUK, thanks for your post and I'm sorry we've not been able to get to this sooner for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn