Menu
Pepsi-Max
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unusably slow download speed since Sunday - low power levels?

Been averaging 1-5Mbps download since Sunday making our connection effectively unusable since Sunday. Tried phoning a few times and been giving the same useless diagnostics each time by somebody who seems determined that the problem is with the devices we're using despite the fact that it very obviously isn't.

Finally decided to take a look at router's network logs and these are the downstream levels it's showing right now. I'm no engineer but they seem really low? Not sure how to chase this up because clearly nothing is going to change but after phoning several times I'm not convinced at this point that phoning the broadband faults line can help.

20190201-180955.png

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusably slow download speed since Sunday - low power levels?

I think I can honestly say that this is the craziest set of download stats I have ever seen in all my time in this forum ... everything is miles out of spec ... it is a non-connection ... a dead parrot ... it is deceased and gone to see it's maker!

Since you are apparently getting nowhere with the call centre ... no surprise there ... hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up and arrange an engineer visit for you.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Pepsi-Max
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Looks like posting on these forums is about as ineffective as phoning the useless tech support line. Been essentially without Internet for nearly two weeks now and it doesn't seem like there's any way of contacting someone who can actually help. I guess it's time to switch providers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pepsi-Max,

Thank you for your post. My apologies for any issues you've been having. 

I will private message you to take a look at this.

^Martin

0 Kudos