cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusable low upload speeds all of a sudden

R_Khan
On our wavelength

Hi,

My internet has been fine no real issues (even after upgrading to the hub 4). 

I have the 350M broadband and I usually get the speeds expected via speed tests (300+ download and 30-40 upload)

Today out of the blue the download speed has been really low, like 0.05mbps! I have read other posts with similar issues which have stated low power issues in local area and are resolved by engineers coming out (not to the home but local area to fix issues).

I can’t log in via VPN for work at home and my daughter is home schooling at the moment as her class has been sent home for the next week or so! 

My download speed is still ok (250+ mbps) I have done all the usual checks of cabling etc and have reset the hub and my router (I use a separate router and use the hub in modem mode).

I’ve checked for local issues in area, none for broadband at the moment. (TV is showing an issue). I also used the VM app to run tests which after the first test sends me to the VM website and when I run a test from there it comes back with:

Network issue
We have detected an issue on our network which maybe affecting your broadband service.

What does this mean?

• This is impacting multiple customers in your area.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary at times.

My postcode is CM19 5RB. 

Can someone please help?!

Kind regards,

Rashid

21 REPLIES 21

Ryanjd
Tuning in

Just got home and its now back to normal for me too

Hi all,

I am really sorry to hear you've been facing some issues with speeds in your area recently, but I'm glad to hear that these issues have since been resolved and alleviated.

If you need any further assistance with anything, please do reach out.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!