cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable broadband for whole street for last two months

wheresbarney
Tuning in

Virgin did all-day maintenance on something about two months ago. Since then the whole street has had really unreliable broadband, with service dropping out for a few seconds to a few minutes, as often as every few minutes. 
Sometimes the status page says there is a fault and an engineer is looking at it, but more often it says nothing is wrong.  
Is leaving our only option?

13 REPLIES 13

It absolutely won’t be resolved on Tuesday, will it?

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wheresbarney

Taking another look at our system and the outage still shows an estimated end date for Tuesday 15th March at 3pm. On the details of the outage it does mention a noise (SNR) issue that is also being looked into which would explain your BQM. If the outage does close as resolved and no longer shows on our service checkers then please reboot the router and we'll monitor your services from then. As the fix dates are estimated, they can be extended but I can assure you, our engineers are working hard to have this issues resolved for you as soon as possible. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @carley_s: it's a bit better since the beginning of last week, but still unusable for anything requiring a stable low-latency connection e.g. for video calls, during ~11am–6pm weekdays — I can't rely on the broadband service and tether my phone for a stable 5G connection during the day. In the evenings it's fine.

What do we do next? Looks like whatever was recently done was a step in the right direction but insufficient to restore the service to the consistently good levels we've had for the last two years, that ended for everyone on the street a couple of months ago.

Good Afternoon @wheresbarney, I understand you've been able to chat to our team in relation to the fault.

Can you please tell us what has been advised and how the service has performed since your most recent post?

There currently appears to be no outages being flagged in your local area

Kindest regards,

David_Bn