cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptably low speeds/packetloss from afternoon-evening

whisk12345
Tuning in

Hi, similar to other post, I'm in the Croydon area and seeing very slow speeds for the last 3 days (<3Mbps on 1Gb service) from about 3pm through to 11pm. I'm on ethernet and have done all the usual resets - it seems like there's a problem in Virgin's core network.

Speedtest:

virgin-slowness.png

Contrary to one of the suggestions in another thread I don't believe this has anything todo with LINX - this trace goes through virgin kit in Telehouse but nowhere near LINX:

virgin-mtr.png

Phone support seem unaware and unable to help - this is really unusable! 😞

Any chance of getting someone in Virgin's core networking team to check this out?

15 REPLIES 15

It does look like an unacknowledged local issue!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi whisk12345,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We do apologise that you an several other community members have experienced internet issues which were not detected or shown on our service status page. 

We do apologise for any inconvenience and disruption caused due to this issue. Can we ask how everything has been since your original post on Sunday?

Have things improved speed wise?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Yes - seems to be back to normal now - really poor communication from Virgin though 😞

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @whisk12345

Thank you for your post regarding the slow speeds and packet loss you have been experiencing, I'm really sorry that your connection was disrupted.

I'm glad to hear that everything is back up and running well for you now, thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further issues please do pop back here.

If you wish to raise a complaint regarding our communication, please visit https://virg.in/comcop

Best wishes,

Serena

@whisk12345  Totally agree, a text message is all it would of taken about any issue and would of made life a lot easier 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Matthew012374

Thank you for your feedback regarding our communication, I'm sorry you also feel disappointed with the way we handle these issues

If you wish to raise a complaint about this, please visit https://virg.in/comcop

Best wishes,

Serena