cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get 940Mbps cabled from Hub 4 we on Gig1

jon1331
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am unable to get 940Mbps down cabled with CAT8 from Hub 4, we on Gig1. Router in modem mode and goes into Ubiquiti Unifi kit downstream. Putting my phone on my wifi 6 access point I can max out at 930Mbps on WiFi just not cabled. The ubiquiti app measures the WAN side and it always comes back 850-870Mbps. Parents laptop has a gigabit NIC but most can get out of that cabled is 500Mbps again CAT8. Just waiting in line for a hub 5 too. Could this be checked out if possible?. Service Status says no issues. My Dad David is the account holder.

Thanks in advance.
John Purtill

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

@jon1331 wrote:

Hi,

I am unable to get 940Mbps down cabled with CAT8 from Hub 4, we on Gig1. Router in modem mode and goes into Ubiquiti Unifi kit downstream. Putting my phone on my wifi 6 access point I can max out at 930Mbps on WiFi just not cabled. The ubiquiti app measures the WAN side and it always comes back 850-870Mbps. Parents laptop has a gigabit NIC but most can get out of that cabled is 500Mbps again CAT8. Just waiting in line for a hub 5 too. Could this be checked out if possible?. Service Status says no issues. My Dad David is the account holder.

Thanks in advance.
John Purtill

If you are getting 930Mbps over WiFi from the wired connection between the HUB and Ubiquiti then there can't be a fault with the HUB.

Try rebooting the laptop into safe mode with networking and try the test again.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-10-in-safe-mode-with-networking/

IPFreely
Fibre optic

• @jon1331 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    John Purtill

Your access point is presumably connected via the same router you're testing through cabled so sounds like everything is fine, just the Ubiquiti speed tester isn't up to snuff. 

Hi Carl,

Went into safe mode with networking ( actually win 11 not 10). Did 6 speed tests and they were better but still only in the range 500-750.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have a Ubiquiti UDM Pro and have found the inbuilt speed test to be unreliable at times. I installed the Ookla Speedtest API onto the UDM Pro and it works very well. Current results:

# unifi-os shell
root@ubnt:/# speedtest

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Swish Fibre - London (id = 34948)
ISP: Virgin Media
Latency: 13.51 ms (1.10 ms jitter)
Download: 1088.33 Mbps (data used: 965.5 MB)
Upload: 52.43 Mbps (data used: 25.0 MB)
Packet Loss: 0.0%

root@ubnt:/# date
Tue Jan 24 19:47:55 GMT 2023
root@ubnt:/#

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jon1331
On our wavelength

Hi Tudor,

OK right tell me more please?. Yes I have a UDM Pro into an Enterprise 24 poe+ switch via 10gb fibre connection then out to 2 U6 pro's with parents laptop plugged into a gigabit port on switch via cat8 cable.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have a Hub5 2.5G port going to UDM-P using an SPF+ 1/2.5/10G to Ethernet connector.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jon1331
On our wavelength

Hi Tudor,

Yes I got a Mikrotik S+RJ10 for Xmas but not installed it yet ready for hub 5